As citizens of Barcelona, we’d like to help you while you’re here. We love our city and want to share it with you. On these pages, you’ll find basic information about getting around our beautiful city and can check the list of questions that we’ve been asked both on this website and Twitter. If you’ve got any questions, just tag your tweet with #ANCtips.
Welcome to Barcelona, Catalonia
This is the homeland of internationally renowned artists Antoni Gaudí, Salvador Dalí, and Joan Miró, musicians Pau Casals and Josep Carreras, football star Pep Guardiola, and chefs Ferran Adrià, Carme Ruscalleda and the Roca brothers…
On November 9, 2014, 2.34 million citizens took part in a non-binding ballot. 81% of them cast their voting card saying that “I want Catalonia to become an independent state”. The current Government has called a snap election on September 27 so that we can decide our future. So, who knows, you might come back next year to a brand-new European country.
• Population: 7.6 million people (like Switzerland)
• Surface area: 32,114km2 (bigger than Belgium)
• GDP: 204 Billion Euros (like Denmark)
• Over 10 million people speak Catalan in Spain, France, and Italy (more than Swedish, for example)
• Catalonia’s Government has had 129 Presidents to date. Its first Constitution dates back to the 13th century.
Download and print our handy Barcelona Metro Map
Enjoy the Congress, enjoy the city of Barcelona and enjoy our country CATALONIA.
Please feel free to send our URL to colleagues and friends: http://catalunyaexterior.
Thanks for visiting us!!!